Friday, March 7, 2014

Hero Dog Awards 2014!


                 A few months ago I decided to support ParkerPup throughout the 2014 Hero Dog Awards. We have quite a few friends entering in it as well, who we have known for months before that. Including WarriorRafa and many others.

I had never spoken to ParkerPup, never contacted him or anything. I didn't think they would respond like many other "big" pages (not all!). My old foster dog, Bear, was in a contest with Reser, ParkPup's little brother so I posted on their wall telling them congrats. They got back to me pretty quickly.

A few weeks later I posted if I could interview them for my blog and they said yes so I messaged them and literally with in 24 hours they got back to me with the answers to my one million questions! LOL! When I read what they had said, something just hit me.. This family was so very special and so genuinely kind. From how Parker's Dad started the whole Therapy Dog "thing" to how his mom just let him be "ParkerPup" and never forcing him to do anything he didn't enjoy, I just knew I had to support them through this competition.

This is the BIGGEST contest of the year for dogs and their parents. Not only is it the biggest but it can be the nastiest one too! I have heard it all, from cheating to nasty messages, this contest is the WHOLE package!

You usually see certain dogs form teams to help get votes. Last year there was the Dream Team which included 2013 AHA Hero Dog and Therapy Dog category Winner Elle the Pit Bull, 2013 AHA Service Dog Category Winner SD Bronx, 2013 AHA Military Dog Category Winner CWD Carlos EDD , 2013 AHA Emerging Hero Category Winner Cassidy and last but not least 2013 AHA Law Enforcement Category Winner K9 Lakota. This year ParkerPup announced on his Facebook page that even though joining a team may raise his votes, he will not be joining one because every dog in the contest deserves to win. This year, so far, I have not seen any teams form but I am sure there will be some soon!

136 Dogs have entered this year in 8 different categories. Emerging Hero is by far going to be the toughest with 40 dogs! Here are the number of dogs per category:
40 EMERGING HERO DOG
28 SERVICE DOGS 
25 THERAPY DOGS
18 ARSON DOGS
11 GUIDE/HEARING DOGS
6 LAW ENFORCEMENT DOGS
5 SEARCH AND RESCUE DOGS 
3 MILITARY DOGS


Even though we will be supporting ParkerPup we will share anyone who wants us to, contest link  every Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages